16 July 2010

Just Add Flowers ...

Good morning.  Hope you're all well.

How strange it is getting used to this summer holidays business.  It's taken me a few days to stop clock-watching and settle into it.  The weather doesn't help.  Blondie son had one of his friends here for the day yesterday - there's really very little for them to do when the weather is foul.  We ended up going swimming.  Trust me, if I'd not instigated that little venture out, they would have happily spent hours in front of the Xbox while the wind rattled the windows.  Ah me ... in my day ...

In fact, it's been so blustery here, look ...


Even my poor windmill hasn't coped!  The red petal has completely disappeared.  Taken away on a particularly strong gust to distant climes, never to be seen again.

Unless of course Bertie ate it?!

I do hope the weather improves for the weekend.  I'm helping host a street barbeque (inspired by an Eden Project initiative) on Sunday.  :-{

Anyway, I wanted to show you my cute new Noa Noa bag.  Remember, my brother's wedding in a fortnight?  Well, it's first outing will be then but afterwards I shall use it every day.


It's just gorgeous, with a dear drawstring lining too.  However, I had to add a little floral flourish ...


Aah, that's better.

Bertie kept positioning himself in front of the camera as I was taking these pictures so gratuitous spaniel shot if you don't mind ...


Talking of adding flowers, Handsome Hubby went to the British Grand Prix on Sunday and came back with this coolbag.  He'd been given it packed full of picnicky lunch bits as part of a 'hospitality thing' ...


Very uninspiring huh?  A few minutes, a quick wipe with Dettol All In 1 and a dozen or so pink decals later ...


Vast improvement!

My interest in my jools has re-emerged and I spent a lazy afternoon wire wrapping some freshwater pearls ...


I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but these are wonderfully juicy pearls.  They're so lush, I just love them.  I've since starting knotting them, with tiny silver charms, onto a length of grey silk ribbon.  I have a dark grey strapless sun top that I'm loving wearing at the moment which will look great with my new creation!



Ooh, I must just tell you about Saturday.  About a dozen houses on one road near us, all had a garage sale.  How great is that for an idea?  People were selling all their unwanted items from large items of furniture to books and bric a brac.  We spent a lovely hour or two pottering from front garden to front garden and browsing in the sunshine.  I bought a large pine dresser top/shelf unit for £10 which I'm going to sand and paint!  We have so much clutter we could sell; it definitely started my cogs whirring so I'm going to arrange a 'Garage Sale Sunday' in August and rope in as many neighbours as I can.  I've already got three signed up!!!

On a final note, this made me smile so I thought I'd share it with you ...


Take care all.

Hx

10 comments:

  1. Well bag lady, you made magic there...they both look fantastic! Garage sale sounds great.
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you flowered-up those bags. Your pearly creation looks gorgeous too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh Love the Noa Noa bag! I REALLY like their stuff. The cooler looks...well...very cool!!!!!!! Your jewellery looks lovely. It's been an age since I made anything. Having a three year old into everything makes it difficult and the beads and findings have been packed away for such a long time, so it's lovely to see other people making such lovely pieces!

    The weather here is very blustery too...although nice to have a little respite from humidity!

    Have a fab weekend! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I discovered your blog, it's just so full of pretties! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pearl creation it's beautiful.
    The bag is lovely, I love Noa, Noa clothes they're always so pretty with so much detail. The Rose was a great addition, it looks lovely.
    Good luck with recruiting the neighbours for the garage sale, it's a great idea.
    Take care and have a lovely weekend.
    Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your makes here, so gorgeous! Loving the garage sale idea and the way to keep kiddies under control lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely-ness!
    I love the idea of a 'street sale' but can't see my neighbours signing up!

    Kath
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, you have been busy! the flower looks fab with that bag. enjoy your bbq, sounds like fun! K xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't decide what I like best...the basket, the cool bag or the necklace, all lovely i think ...
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post Heather, and loving the new look blog :)
    Kayleigh x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome update! Let us know how the garage sale goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Anyone ever told you that you're a peach? xx

Followers