23 October 2010

Loose Ends

(Sooo many loose ends to sew in!  Crochet heart bunting in progress based on Julia Crossland's pattern!)

Happy Saturday to you.

I expect a lot of you with children will be languishing in the enjoyment that is a week of half term ahead.  Well, we're coming to the end of ours so homework is being completed, uniform is drying on the radiators and I'm trying not to think about the 6:16am starts. :-(

Anyhow, thought I'd use this opportunity to do a little blog housekeeping and tie up a few loose ends.

Firstly, thank you very much to those girlies offering to take part in my PIF giveaway.  For ease and, I hope, fairness, I shall select the first three:-

Beki at The Ramblings Of An Everyday Mummy
Tanya at Tea Pea
Jackie at Sew Special Bears

Yay!  If you can email me at pinkmilk@btconnect.com and let me have your addresses, I shall be sending you something Heathermade in the forthcoming months.

Secondly, one of my very first and bestest blogging buddies, the lovely Kayleigh at Love 2 Illustrate, tagged me with the following seven 'Meme' questions:-

1. What is your favourite book?

Definitely this one ...

2. What is your most treasured childhood memory?

I had a happy childhood and treasure all my memories as they come back to me.  I treasure the memory of the freedom we had, going out for adventures down by the river and returning home only when we were hungry.  I treasure the memory of the constant company of my three brothers.  I treasure the memory of the pebble lino floors and peppery smell of the house we used to rent by the beach once a year and the rose petal perfume I made with my Gran.  Most of all I treasure the memory of always feeling safe and loved.

3. Have you got a favourite holiday destination, and if so, why?

Marbella, Spain.  Sun, beach, wine, clams.  'Nuff said!

4. What is your favourite day of the week and why?

I love Sundays which are very much family days.
Then again, I always enjoy my Mondays when everyone is despatched and the day is my own.

5. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?

Bertie Boo the chocolate working cocker spaniel.



6. What would your ideal job be?

Greg Wallace's on Masterchef.

7. Do you have a favourite artist/designer/illustrator?

Lauren Child is, in my opinion, a genius.  Her illustrations cleverly appeal to children and adults alike.

  

Nostalgically it would have to be Shirley Hughes' charming illustrations.
I should also like to mention an artist called Lucia Stewart who I discovered some years ago selling her ACEOs (tiny collectable art originals) on eBay.  I adore her style and should so love to be able to paint like she does.  She has since moved to Shanghai.  I'm lucky enough to be the owner of a couple of her originals featuring her wonderful creation, Stressie Cat.



Now I am to think of seven questions of my own and ask them of seven people so ...

Emma-Jayne at My Red Wellies
Val at The Victorians Didn't Even Like Pink
Pally Ali at With Love, Cupcakes & Biscuits
Vanessa at Coco Rose Textiles
Helen at Crafty Helen At Home
Kazzy at A Mermaid's Purse
Vicki at Vintage Vicki

Being a nosey bugger, I should love to know the following:-

1.  Have you ever been in the newspaper?  If so, why?
2.  If you were given £1000 which you had to spend which would be the first shop/s you'd head to?
3.  Is there a skill you wish you had?
4.  What was your favourite sweet as a child?
5.  What is your favourite time of the year?
6.  If you were marooned on a desert island with a celebrity, who would you like it to be?
7.  When did you last cry?

That's all for now.  The uniform on the radiators is nearly dry so, if I can bring myself to bear the excitement, I'm off to iron!

Hx

15 comments:

  1. Loved reading those bits and bobs about you - and I love the heart bunting!! Sensational! You have to let me know how you made the middles look so neat (and without holes!!! :D)

    Hope you're having a nice weekend!
    Love Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bunting... and I understand the not so fun part of sewing in ends.. ;D

    what interesting facts and glimspes of the person that is you... facinating things us human beings...

    hugs Alex
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Heather! I love the bunting. Will have to give it a go myself. Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bunting! I've just popped in from somewhere... I've never visited before but your blog is just lovely! Looking forward to seeing those lovely colours strung somewhere spesh!
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bunting is gorgeous - wish I could crochet! Loved learning a bit about you - I am a nosey bugger too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab! Thanks for taking the time to answer Heather :) I also love Lauren Child and Shirley Hughes, great choices! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather so glad you found my blog cos now I can follow yours! Thanks for the lovely comments re Daisy, your bertie looks so cute with his little tongue sticking out. Look forward to following your blog
    Pene x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow love your crochet hearts they are fab.
    Lovely to know more about you, and your questions are fab, can't wait to see some answers.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those Lucia Stewart paintings. Like you I also had a very happy childhood, aren't we lucky. Bertie is so gorgeous I want him!
    Thanks for your supportive comments, I like your suggestion but don't spose I'll be that lucky, will have to ask them though lol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you :)

    Need to think of my answers, 7 questions of my own and of course 7 victims to tag ;)

    I love Shirley Hughes pictures - proper families with proper messy family homes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the post Heather! Thanks for tagging me! Will do my best!

    Have a great week!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxxxx

    p.s......fantastic crochet hearts! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow those crochet hearts are lovely - if you ever want to do a swapsy of some of them for some daisy hairclips you know where I am. Love the things about you :-) Sorry your half term is ending - gutting isn't it :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab posting! i will make sure i copy and paste your questions and answer them on my blog ;0) ive been away in Cornwall so been catching up on blog land x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The crochet hearts are lovely! I wish I could crochet properly to make that too! Love finding out more about you (I've followed for a while, but been really bad at commenting!)! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, so excited to be part of your PIF giveaway - thankyou! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Anyone ever told you that you're a peach? xx

Followers