18 April 2014

Happy Easter

I took my first cup of tea out into the garden, this morning.  The sky was clear and the most beautiful shade of blue.  The sun was shining brightly but not yet providing much warmth so I wrapped my dressing gown quite tightly around me.

I carefully picked my way down the narrow path, towards my viburnum, to inhale its pretty fragrance.  Its tiny creamy buds are all popping open to form large floral pompoms.  It really is looking quite stunning.

I forget whether it was the tiny flashes of colour within its boughs or the barely audible cheeping that first caught my attention ...




Have a truly magical Easter weekend, my lovely friends.

***

PS.  No chicks were harmed during this photo shoot (though blue chick did need a bit of a lie down - he's not so great with heights).

xxx

18 comments:

  1. Blue chick does look a bit worried I must say!
    Gorgeous photos, lets hope the weather stays warm,
    Have a Happy Easter Heather!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - just love the first picture !
    Happy Easter Heather,
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your chicks! How very creative of you. Have a lovely Easter
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab photos Heather!
    Happy Easter sweetheart....
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheeky little chicks! Have a lovely Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it :-) !
    Happy Easter to you too !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwwwww, Happy Easter to you to Heather. Love love your photos and you new header is very sweet.
    Jacquie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them Heather! So sweet and that amazing blue sky background - just gorgeous! Happy Easter to you and your family. E x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures of the chicks in the viburnum :) what an adorable start to the weekend for you! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter, Heather!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post :) the weather has been lovely hasn't it. Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, I hope they come to visit me! :-) Gorgeous pics and how blue is the sky!
    Happy Easter to you and your family Heather!
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heather, your pictures are priceless! Those little chicks have made my evening! Happy, somewhat belated Easter to you and your family. I hope your day has been filled with joy.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, the colour of that sky! Stunning. I don't know which is prettier, your chicks or your viburnum. They both rose to the occasion magnificently. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy easter and those chicks are sooo cute! I hope the one who was scared of height has recovered ok x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this, reminds me of bright kitties on 1950's choc boxes x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Anyone ever told you that you're a peach? xx

Followers